Name: Exaltation of the Holy Cross Church
Geo-historical overview: Rumeimin is a Jordanian village located within the municipality of Salt, about 15 kilometers from the center of the province. The origin of the word Rumeimin is Aramaic and it means plentiful pomegranate trees and water fountains. Its most prominent tourist attractions in the village is the Aremeiman Falls, ancient buildings and historic olive presses.
Latin Patriarchate: Established in 1875, it is one of the first parishes in Jordan. It was under the parish of Salt, the church was built after the school. The first resident priest arrived to Rumeimin in 1877, and a few years later the church was built, then the Rosary Sisters came to do pastoral work. Most of the faithful of the parish have emigrated to the United States and now only a small number of Christian families remained in the village. When the Rosary Sisters left the parish, the Missionaries of Charity Sisters of “Mother Teresa” replaced them.
Latin Christians: 40
Parish priest: Fr. Riad Hejazeen
Tel & fax: (05) 351 42 05 Mobile: 077 740 08 23 Email: [email protected]