NAOUR – On September 12, the double inauguration of the kindergarten, 9th and 10th grade classrooms, took place in the school of the Sacred Heart parish in Naour, twenty kilometers south of Amman. It was a festive gathering, attended by families of the school children, local clergy, civil authorities and a delegation of Knights of the Holy Sepulcher. This project was fully funded by the Grand Magisterium of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher.
Present for this celebration were Bishop William Shomali, Patriarchal Vicar for Jordan, Patriarch Emeritus Fouad Twal; Governor of Naour, Jamaz Al-Fayez; the former Mayor of Naour, Zayed Al-Ajarmah; and Father Ashraf al-Nimri, director of the Latin Patriarchate Schools in Jordan. The special guest was Ambassador Leonardo Visconti di Modrone, Governor General of the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher, who was accompanied by a delegation of the Holy Land Commission of the Grand Magisterium. The premises inaugurated were the additional section for the kindergarten and the newly added third floor for the 9th and 10th grade classes.
Mrs. Arwa Makhamra, principal of the school welcomed everybody on behalf of the education team. Father Rifat Bader, parish priest of the Sacred Heart of Naour, highlighted the importance of this building expansion, the objective of which is to is to give more young Jordanian schoolchildren the opportunity for quality education for their future. He also briefly recalled the history of his parish, whose church was built in 1924 and the school in 1954, followed by the kindergarten, built in 1971, and referred to the passage of generations of schoolchildren who studied there.
Father Rifat Bader’s speech was followed by traditional dances performed by the school children and then by the blessing of the new structures by Bishop William Shomali. At the end of the visit, the participants gathered around a buffet, which was a time of exchange between the families and the visitors.