Introduction: The Monastery of Saint Saviour is a Catholic Franciscan monastery. The site was purchased from the Georgian Orthodox Church in 1560 with permission by Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent of the Ottoman Empire, and the monastery was constructed in stages. The church building was erected in 1885, with renovation in 1985. The site includes a printing press, an organ workshop, a library and a Catholic school.
The monastery was built in several stages on a site transferred to the Franciscan Order from the Georgian Orthodox Church in 1558-1559 by Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent.
Fr. Nerwan Al-Banna Baho 1 Saint Francis Street, P.O.B. 186 9100101 Jerusalem Tel: (02) 626 66 13 Fax: (02) 628 45 86 Mobile: 054 719 93 32 Email: [email protected]