Name: Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus Church
Safout is located north west of Amman an urban area yet economically poor. The school occupies a small plot of land with no possibility of expansion. The population consists mostly of employees and workers who commute everyday to work in Fuheis, Salt and Amman, while the rest of the population are elderly who live quietly at home.
Latin Patriarchate: The first school, a very simple construction, was established in 1935, and occupied one of two- rooms built at the side of a very small church to house the parish priest. Later, three more classrooms were built in 1978 to accommodate an increasing student enrollment. The following year, a new church was built alongside the house. This allowed the original church to become part of the school. Since early 1980, a house for the priest has been built above two of the three newer classrooms, and so he lives on the premises. In 1993 because of the diminishing number of children attending the school and new government regulations, the grades four, five and six had to be discontinued. This allowed the other three grades to have a classroom each. Starting August 2015, the Priest’s house was completely renovated.
Latin Christians 160
LPJ School: Students 76
Safout: Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus Parish priest: Msgr. Aldo Tolotto
Latin Convent P.O.B. 277 Safout Mobile: 079 518 99 98 Email: [email protected]