رعية القدس - دير المخلص

رعية القدس - دير المخلص
للتواصل معنا:

Parish Priest: Fr. Amjad Sabbara
1 Saint Francis Street,
P.O.B. 186
91001
Jerusalem

Tel: (02) 626 66 13
Fax: (02) 628 45 86
Mobile: 054 719 93 32
Email: [email protected]

Introduction: The Monastery of Saint Saviour is a Catholic Franciscan monastery. The site was purchased from the Georgian Orthodox Church in 1560 with permission by Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent of the Ottoman Empire, and the monastery was constructed in stages. The church building was erected in 1885, with renovation in 1985. The site includes a printing press, an organ workshop, a library and a Catholic school.

The monastery was built in several stages on a site transferred to the Franciscan Order from the Georgian Orthodox Church in 1558-1559 by Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent.