P.O.Box 2 Ader
Tel/Fax: +962 6 463 7440
+962 6 489 2761
Ader is a small village in the south of Jordan. Its population is a mix of Christians (Latins, Greek Catholic and Greek Orthodox), and Muslims (Ma’yatah Bedouin family). Ader is a good example of coexistence between all these constituents.
Infrastructures of the Latin Patriarchate
The parish of St. Joseph was established in 1919 and the Church was built between 1932 to 1933. Initially the parish was served by Italian nuns then by the Sisters of St. Joseph, and since 2014 the church and the parish are being served by nuns coming from India. The parish is comprised of about 85 families and has a primary school, elementary school, a kindergarten and many activities for the youth. Near Ader, in the neighborhood of Wassieh, the Patriarchate built a High School to serve the citizens of the south, which currently has more than 1,000 students. Ader also has a center for the Caritas.
Photos from our Historical Archives office