24/01/1967: Born in Amman, Jordan
1979-1981 – Joined the Latin Patriarchate Seminary, left in 1981
1985: Returned to the Seminary
1987: Diploma in Systems Analysis and Computer Programs, Arab Community College, Amman- Jordan
1993: Ordained Deacon by Patriarch Michel Sabbah at Our Lady of the Annunciation Parish in Beit Jala
1994: Bachelor Degree in Philosophy and Theology, Latin Patriarchate Seminary
1994: Ordained Priest by Archbishop Fouad Twal at Christ the King Parish in Misdar, Jordan
2002: Masters in Educational Administration, Hashimieh University, Zarqa, Jordan
2014: MPHIL in Education “The LPS’s contribution in Education in the HKJ”, Liverpool University, England
- Pastor of several Parishes, since 1996 in Smakieh, Zarqa, Shatana, Hosson, Na’our, Fuheis in Jordan.
- National Chaplain of the Catholic Scouts in Jordan. (1994 -2004), (2010-2014)
- Member of the Diocesan Priests’ Council and Advisory Council several terms.
- Undersecretary of the International Catholic Scout Association for the Middle East (2006–2011)
- 15/08/2017 – Parish Priest, Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish, Fuheis, Jordan-
- Principal of several Latin Patriarchate Schools in Jordan.
- General Director of the Latin Patriarchate Schools in Jordan.
- Organized professional training sessions for teachers and headmasters in Jordan and Palestine.
- Teacher of Religious Education, trainer for teachers, lecturer at several educational centers and seminars.
- School Director in several Latin Patriarchate Schools in Jordan.
- General Manager of the Latin Patriarchate Schools in Jordan.
- General Manager of Our Lady of Peace Centre for Persons with Disabilities in Jordan
- General Administrator of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem (2014-2017)
- Received the 2008 Palm Academic from the Ministry of Education- France
Publications and Others:
- Established Arabic website in educational and scouting field: cicsjo.org
- Regular articles at Jordanian Newspapers
- Implementing Educational Plan- Pastoral Perspective: Why? & How?
- Lecture to the Bishops Conference, Amman 27 Oct. 2011.
- Andrew Morris (2012) (Ed.) Catholic Education: Universal Principles, locally Applied; Cambridge Scholars Publishing:
– Latin Patriarchate Schools in Jordan: Mission, challenges and perspectives.
– Leadership in Schools: the Headteacher as an “Icon of Christ”
– Parish Priest and Parish School in Jordan: a March of Faith.
- “Communion and witness’: the contribution of Latin Patriarchate Schools to better Muslim–Christian relations in the Holy Land, Dr. Hanan Madanat; Rev. Imad Twal, a Available online: 16 Feb 2012 Lectures in England, Italy, France, Germany, Jordan: Educational life in the Catholic schools of Jordan; Christians of the Holy Land; Educational Plan in Catholic Schools; Catholic Scouting in the Holy Land…
- Twal, Imad, Fr. (2008). From the Holy Land, In Christian Mission and Education through Scouting, Notes, ICCS, 8
- Twal, Imad, Fr. (2016). The Head Teacher, Icon of Christ. AUM, Jordan
- Twal, Imad, Fr. (2016). Religious Education in Latin Patriarchate Schools in Jordan. IN: Educa, International Catholic Journal of Education. Journal No. 2, Portugal.
- Imad Twal (2013). Beyond Obedience and Abandonment: Towards a Theory of Dissent Catholic Education By Graham P. McDonough, Religious Education, vol. 108, No. 5 October- December, USA.
- Imad Twal (2013) “Arab Spring Should Arise at Schools: Not In The Streets”. The Two Pillars of Educational Reform: Liberating Minds and Hearts. By Mona Smadi, Educational Research and Reviews, vol. 8(17) September.
Our Lady of Grace Parish – Fuheis
Telephone: +962 6 472 9931
Fax: +962 6 471 0160
Mobile: +962 79 555 9812