Notre Dame de la Grâce de Fuheis / Our lady of Grace

frFrançais itItaliano

FUHEIS – Last May, parishioners of Our Lady of Grace in Fuheis inaugurated their newly refurbished Church after two weeks of renovation work. The necessary funds for this project were entirely collected by the parishioners

On this morning of June, Father Imad Alamat is pleased  to show us around the recently renovated church. Part of the roof, the insulation, light and water systems were repaired and the painting were redone. To complete this project, the parishioners raised 35,000 euros. “It was a parish project close to our heart and we wanted to do this together,” explains Father Alamat.

The city of Fuheis has two Latin churches and two Patriarchate schools.  It is known for its almost entirely Christian population. Out of 10,000 inhabitants, 95% are Christians (Latin and Orthodox).  These Christians originally came from the neighboring village of Salt, and settled in Fuheis in the 19th century.  The first church, completed in 1906, is today transformed into a parish hall, a testimony  to its historical roots.

Every year, the vitality of the city and the Church certainly attracts new families. Taking advantage of this development, Father Alamat, the Sisters and the faithful developed a rich pastoral program. Among the many ongoing initiatives is the two-year “volunteer” training program launched by the parish for young people to raise awareness of the service of the Church in all its forms. A long-term training that is very successful.

Claire Guigou

Flickr Album Gallery Powered By: Weblizar
Designed and Powered by YH Design Studios - © 2017 All Rights Reserved