On the 1st and 2nd of September 2010 the Plenary Assembly of the Catholic Ordinary of The Holy Land (A.C.O.H.L.) was held in Bethlehem in the presence of:
– H.B Patriarch Msgr. Fouad Twal, president of the A.O.C.T.S. (Assembly of the Catholic Ordinaries of the Holy Land)
– H.E. Msgr. Elias Chacour,
– H.E. Msgr. Selim Sayegh,
– H.E. Msgr. Giacinto Marcuzzo,
– H.E. Msgr. William Shomali,
– H.E. Pierre Melki,
– Rev. Fr. P. Custode,
– Msgr. Raphael Minassian
-Rev. Fr. David Neuhaus SJ,
– Rev. Fr. Paul Collin.
During the meeting the following issues amongst others were addressed:
– A report on the obtaining of visas; The Apostolic Nunzio H.E Msgr Antonio Franco, in particular, insisted that the holders of visas should remain within their category (Touristic, residential…) during their stay.
– The eventuality of the setting up of a unified ecclesiastical court in Israel.
The Ordinaries, in the presence of the Latin Seminary of Beit Jala and the Institutes of Consecrated Life of Bethlehem, celebrated solemn vespers and worshiped the Holy Sacrament in the Carmel chapel of Bethlehem for the intention of the Synod for the Middle-East.
During these meetings, H.B. Patriarch and the Rev. Fr. Custos went to the Presidential Palace in Ramallah for the signing of a restoration project of the roof of Basilica of the Nativity. In truth, the various Christian denominations could not come to an agreement and the Palestinian Authorities had to decide for them. The work will be entrusted to an Italian company.