Tiberias Parish - Church of Saint Peter

Tiberias Parish - Church of Saint Peter
Contact information:

Rev. Fr. Fr. Andrej Keller, KoGB

Adress:

P.O.B. 179 – Terra Sancta

TIBERIAS

The Tiberias community is the only Catholic parish around the Sea of Galilee. 

The church is ancient: it was originally built by the Crusaders around 1100 C.E. and is located on the western shore of the lake, along the promenade of Tiberias (entrance to the church: from the promenade, along the lake, next to the restaurant Galei Gil).

The Parish church is dedicated to St. Peter the Apostle, and is situated inside the Casa Nova that belongs to the Custody of the Holy Land. The Parish is part of the St James Vicariate. The Koinonia John the Baptist, a community founded in Italy in 1979, has been present and active since 2010, providing regular parish activities for the small Christian flock living in this almost entirely Jewish city, as well as for the pilgrims visiting this area.

Mass schedules and opening hours

For more information: https://www.saintpeterstiberias.org/